It took a really long time and lots of days being bored in the house and having to go out on leads to potty in the front yard, but our family drinking bowl is done. The pawrents named it Boulder Beach Resort at Paradise Palms. Whatever - all I know is some of my toys float in it, and some don't. Mom wanted to see if I float in it too, so just a few days ago, I took my first steps on to the beach entry and into the water. I was really scared at first. Then I saw my ball floating by and had to go rescue it before it drowned. I almost made it to the boulder at the end of the beach entry, but then it happened! My feet lifted off the pebble-coated bottom. I made a mad dash to Mom (who was only inches away) and cinched my claws into her so hard until I was certain I was now a permanent fixture on her chest.
Then Mom did the unthinkable. She threw my ball in the water! It was going to die - I just knew it! So I did what any good pup would do, and paddled my way to that boulder. Yes sir, I rescued my ball. The next day, I tried it again, and this time I swam between Mom and Mommy in the deep (3.5') section. I was scared...really scared...but, at the same time, it was fun. Brother and I played "in and out" of the beach entry for a long time until Mommy told me I was too waterlogged and had to get dried off.
I think I might just like this Boulder Beach Drinking Bowl after all....maybe!
 |
| Boulder Beach (view from the patio) |
 |
| Boulder Beach at Night |
 |
| My Ball! My Ball! |
 |
| Debating whether to save the ball or stay on the boulder |
No comments:
Post a Comment